We're an affiliate. We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Starting your days with a delicious and hearty breakfast at the campsite is essential to fuel your adventures.
From classic scrambled eggs to innovative dishes cooked right over the campfire, the possibilities are endless when planning your camping breakfast menu. These recipes not only save time and energy but also elevate your outdoor culinary experience without sacrificing taste or nutrition.
Gone are the days of boring camping meals; with these creative and satisfying breakfast options, you’ll take your camping experience to the next level. Prepare to dive into a world of exciting, mouthwatering camping breakfast ideas for your next adventure in the great outdoors.
Good Breakfast Recipes for Camping
Hot Breakfast Options
Start your day with a warm and satisfying meal at your campsite by trying some hot breakfast options. You can make a breakfast sandwich using bagels, eggs, cheese, and bacon or sausage. Or opt for a breakfast burrito by wrapping scrambled eggs, cheese, and your favorite veggies in a warm tortilla.
A campfire breakfast can include classics like campfire frittatas, a tasty mixture of eggs, fresh vegetables, and cheese cooked over a fire. You might also enjoy campfire cheese hash brown packets or camping breakfast sandwiches cooked right on the fire. If you prefer a lighter option, banana bread pancakes are a delightful way to start your day.
Cold Breakfast Options
For a quick and mess-free meal, cold breakfast options are ideal. Popular choices include cereal, various granolas, and granola bars. You can also make overnight oats by adding milk or yogurt to your oats, fruits, and favorite toppings, letting them soak overnight, and enjoying them in the morning.
Quick and Easy Breakfast Options
When you’re on a camping trip, sometimes you want a breakfast option that’s quick and easy to make. Consider pre-making blueberry muffins or grabbing ready-to-eat options such as bagels or tacos. Omelet in a bag is another simple choice you can prepare before your trip and cook on the go. Just add your favorite omelet ingredients to a resealable bag and boil the bag in water over your campfire or camp stove.
Campfire Breakfast Meals
When you’re camping, a hearty breakfast is the perfect way to start your day. With a campfire and a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal. Here are some campfire breakfast ideas to try on your next adventure:
- Eggs and Bacon: Cook bacon over the campfire using a cast iron skillet or on a grilling rack. After the bacon is done, use the same skillet to fry or scramble some eggs. Pair this with some crispy hash browns for an all-American classic breakfast.
- Pancakes: Mix your pancake batter ahead of time in a resealable bag, then simply snip off a corner to pour the batter onto a hot cast iron skillet over the campfire. Top your pancakes with maple syrup, fruit, or even some of that crispy bacon you cooked earlier!
- French Toast: Soak slices of bread in a mixture of eggs, milk, and a dash of cinnamon. Cook the bread on a buttered skillet over the campfire until golden brown. Serve with powdered sugar and syrup for a sweet morning treat.
- Breakfast Burritos: Fill tortillas with scrambled eggs, cooked bacon or sausage, cheese, and diced vegetables like bell peppers and onions. Wrap them up and cook them over the campfire in a grilling basket or wrapped in foil until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
- Campfire Breakfast Hash: Dice some potatoes and onions, and cook them in a cast iron skillet with oil, salt, and pepper. Add in cooked bacon or sausage, and top with scrambled eggs for a filling and tasty breakfast hash.
Foil Packet Breakfast Ideas
Foil packet meals are a fantastic option for easy and delicious campfire breakfasts. It’s simple to prep ingredients beforehand and cook everything over the fire when you’re ready to eat. Plus, the clean-up is minimal!
Meat and Protein Options
For a protein-packed campfire breakfast, consider these tasty options:
- Breakfast Burritos: Create a breakfast burrito foil pack by combining scrambled eggs, cooked bacon or sausage, diced onions, and bell peppers. Once cooked, wrap the ingredients in warmed tortillas, add your favorite condiments, and enjoy!
- Bacon and Cheese Potatoes: Cube some potatoes and toss them in a foil pack with cooked bacon pieces, garlic, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are tender, then top with shredded cheese and let it melt.
- Ham and Cheese Egg Bowls: A fantastic and simple meat lover’s choice is the Ham and Cheese Egg Bowl. Line the foil packet with sliced ham, crack an egg inside, and sprinkle on some shredded cheese. For added flavor, you can also include diced onion and green pepper.
Vegetarian and Vegan Options
Don’t worry, there are plenty of hearty and delicious vegetarian and vegan foil packet meal options for campfire breakfasts:
- Veggie Breakfast Tacos: Combine black beans, chopped zucchini, bell peppers, and corn in your foil pack. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning, and cook until veggies are tender. Once cooked, serve the veggies in warmed tortillas, topped with salsa and avocado.
- Potato and Veggie Hash: Make a foil packet filled with cubed potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs, then cook until potatoes are tender. Once cooked, you can use the hash as a stand-alone breakfast or mix in tofu scramble for a tasty vegan alternative to scrambled eggs.
Healthy and Nutritious Breakfast Options
Starting your day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast is essential when you’re camping. You need the energy to fuel your adventures and keep you going throughout the day. Let’s take a look at some tasty options that are both easy to prepare and packed with nutrients.
Granola is a versatile option that can be customized to suit your taste buds. Just mix together some oats, nuts, dried fruit, and chia seeds. You can even throw in some protein by adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Pair your granola with yogurt for a refreshing start to the day.
Overnight oats are another fantastic option for a filling breakfast. Combine equal parts oats and water or milk in a container, add your desired mix-ins (such as nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, and even a spoonful of nut butter), and let it sit overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a delicious, creamy breakfast waiting for you.
A hearty skillet meal like sweet potato hash with bacon and spinach is sure to keep you satisfied. Cook diced sweet potatoes, bacon, and spinach together in a cast-iron skillet, and you’ve got a nutrient-dense meal packed with vitamins and minerals. Toss in some avocado for extra creaminess and healthy fats.
Don’t forget about sweet options like banana bread and blueberry-cinnamon campfire bread. Prepare the batter at home before your trip for easy assembly at the campsite. Cook the bread using a Dutch oven or covered skillet over the campfire, and enjoy a warm, delicious treat in the morning.
For those who prefer simplicity, a nice trail mix with a selection of nuts, dried fruit, and a few chocolate chips makes for a convenient and energy-boosting breakfast. Grab a handful and enjoy while you hike or take a break at your campsite.
Easy and Convenient Breakfast to Consider
When you’re out camping, it’s important to have breakfast options that are not only delicious, but also easy to prepare and convenient to carry. Here are a few options to consider for your next camping trip:
Breakfast Sandwiches: You can prepare them ahead of time or assemble them at the campsite. Try a bagel with Nutella for a sweet twist, or opt for a classic bacon, egg, and cheese on an English muffin.
Bars and Jerky: These are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or as a snack during the day, when you don’t have time to cook. Granola bars, protein bars, and even jerky can provide you with the energy you need to keep going.
Overnight Oats: Prepare this easy and healthy breakfast option before leaving for your trip. Combine rolled oats, yogurt, milk, honey, and any desired toppings (like nuts and berries) in a mason jar, and let it sit in your cooler overnight. In the morning, simply grab a spoon and enjoy your tasty oats.
Here are some other options to consider:
- Nutella spread: Ready-to-eat and rich in flavor, this chocolatey hazelnut spread is perfect for slathering on a bagel or toast for a quick, sweet start to your day.
- Granola: Combine it with some yogurt or milk for a satisfying and nutritious meal. You can even prepare it at home and bring it along in a resealable bag.
- Breakfast Burritos: Whip up a batch of these before your trip and freeze them. Just reheat them over the campfire for an easy and satisfying meal.
- Energy Bites: Make these at home with oats, peanut butter, honey, and flaxseed, then take them on your trip for an easy, no-fuss breakfast.
These options are perfect for saving time and providing a delicious start to your morning, so next time you’re packing for a camping trip, be sure to include some of these convenient breakfast ideas in your meal plan.
We’re passionate about getting the most from your car when it comes to going on adventures and road trips. When you take one of these trips you often need more room in your car than you usually would. This is when we come in, to help you find the best roof tent for your car and needs.